Hi there, In this article I’m going to explain how to “Setup Authenticator laptop desktop step-by-step guide“.
This is very useful and informative article for everyone.
Specially for those, who are very concerned about their privacy and security.
Welcome to “Postdynamic – The Master’s World” and let’s start the tutorial.
First of all for the people, who don’t know anything about Authenticator. They can read our this article about Authenticator here:- Authenticator-Setup, use, features(complete step by step guide).
How to Setup Authenticator laptop desktop step-by-step complete guide
So, these are points I’m showing you as overview of the article.
- Software Requirements
- How to Setup Authenticator
- Benefits of Setup Authenticator either on laptop or desktop
So this is gonna be interesting.
1. Software Requirements
First of all we need a windows Authenticator software. So that we can setup Authenticator either on laptop or desktop.
And the software we are going to use is “WinAuth“.
Because this is very easy to use, tiny in size and secure software application of Authenticator purpose.
You can download “WinAuth” by just searching it either on Google or use this link:- Download WinAuth.
Note:- If you are running Windows 7 then you must have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher version(Download it here:- Download Microsoft .NET Framework).(Skip this if already installed)
2. How to Setup Authenticator Laptop Desktop
- After downloading above two files “WinAuth” and “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher“.
- Now Install both download software files.
- After installing, now goto Desktop and double click on “WinAuth” shortcut icon.
- Finally “WinAuth” window will open.
- Click “Add” button.
- And select the Authenticator Service you want to use.
- If your Authenticator Service is not listed, then just select Authenticator.
- Now first of all enter Name(which defines your service and account name like:- Facebook(your_username), Google(your_email_address) etc).
It is just for your understanding.
- And now move onto next step, from the website copy “secret key” or “secret code” into next field.
- So now Click on “Verify Authenticator” button to check key is valid or not.
- And you will see the code generated below in “WinAuth” Window.
- Copy and paste this code on the website, from where you copied “secret key” or “secret code” and verify Authenticator.
- Finally, now click on “OK” and save the Authenticator.
- That’s it you have successfully setup the account.
Now, further you can right click on added account in WinAuth for more options and icon customization(not necessary).
People also reading :- Backup Authenticator Apps accounts securely(Google or Any Authenticator App)
3. Benefits of Setup Authenticator either on laptop or desktop
It is always better to have extra security. So by setting up Authenticator either on laptop or desktop, you are having a stronger hold on your security.
For example:- You reset your phone suddenly for unexpected reason. Which means all the saved accounts in Authenticator app are now gone. Or you don’t have access to your smartphone.
But you still have already setup Authenticator either on laptop on desktop, which will help you to access your account easily.
In our article how to “Backup Authenticator Apps accounts securely(Google or Any Authenticator App)” we have explained the way to use Authenticator of same account in Multiple devices.
So, this is how you can “Setup Authenticator either on laptop or desktop”. And I hope you are now ready for it’s use practically.
And this is the end of article “Setup Authenticator laptop desktop step-by-step guide“. I hope your all doubts are clear now and if not then comment your feedback and also ask your doubts in comments.
Thanks for visiting “Postdynamic – The Master’s World“. Keep visiting and keep learning.
Do not forget to share our articles with your friends and on social media websites.